Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Good Songs That Are Actually Kind of Fucked Up


Good Songs That Are Actually Kind of Fucked Up [with lyrical examples] – January, 2012

Excluding rap/hip hop songs because that would be too easy…

1. “Love The One You’re With” by Crosby, Stills, and Nash: “And if you can't be with the one you love, honey, Love the one you're with”

2. “I’ll Be Watching You” by Sting: The whole song

3. “Radio” by Alkaline Trio: “I wish you would take my radio to bathe with you, plugged in and ready to fall”

4. “Lola” by The Kinks: “Well I'm not the world's most masculine man, But I know what I am and I'm glad I'm a man, And so is Lola”

5. “Rape Me” by Nirvana: The whole song

6. “Hotel California” by The Eagles: “You can checkout any time you like, But you can never leave”

7. "Hey Joe" by Jimi Hendrix: "I'm goin' down to shoot my ol' lady, I caught her messin' 'round with another man"

8. "You're Nobody Till Somebody Loves You" by Dean Martin: "You're nobody 'til somebody cares"


9. "The Leader of the Pack" by The Shangri-Las: The whole song


10. "Last Kiss" by J. Frank Wilson: "Oh where oh where can my baby be? The Lord took her away from me"

11. "Jimmy Dean" by Hunter Valentine: "I don't want to make love, I want to fuck with no feeling"